It’s summer now and too hot to play outside for most of the day, so what can you do to keep cool with your kids? The East Valley has a lot of fun and educational things to do for summer fun. From jump parks to discounted movies, splash pads, museums, and aquariums, here’s a list of 10 things to do this summer:
- Movie theaters were the first indoor buildings to have air conditioning and it’s still a cool place to hang out. Harkins Theatres offers the popular Summer Movie Fun with discounted ticket prices for 10 movies over 10 weeks for kids. Don’t forget to take your Harkins cups for $1.50 refills.
- Get educated and visit several of the local museums, including the Children’s Museum of Phoenix and Arizona Science Center, when you take use the Culture Pass program. Your library card gets you FREE and discounted passes to a number of museums across the Valley. Many museums also offer FREE admission.
- SEA LIFE Arizona lets you explore creatures of the ocean at the Arizona Mills Mall. Get a closer look at seahorses, starfish, sharks, rays, and more. Receive a discount when you buy your tickets online.
- LEGOLAND® Discovery Center is located near Sea Life and gives you the opportunity to check out billions of LEGO® up close without having to go to California!
- Amazing Jake’s in Mesa has indoor games and rides and tons of summer fun.
- FlipSide in Gilbert calls themselves “the awesomest bowling alley & family entertainment center” and offer bowling and laser tag.
- When your kids need to work out their energy, check out the jump parks Jumpstreet or Xtreme Air in Chandler for a hopping good time.
- Fat Cats in Gilbert has glow in the dark miniature golf, bowling, and reclining chairs at the movies.
- BounceU has two rooms full of bounce houses and games! It makes it easy to keep an eye on your little ones while they bounce away their energy.
- For some water fun outside, try one of the many splash pads in the East Valley; just remember the sunscreen.
Even though we live in the Valley of the Sun, there is still much summer fun to be had. Make it a family affair and go to a new event, museum, or play place a couple times a week – all summer long.